Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sleeping Off Brezinzka Bruises

"We are all orphans here, meeting an appointment one has with oneself....You all know what you're doing here - we're doing many things and nothing"...Raul..our Teatro Madrugada physical theater facilitator..singer of African morning songs and hand harmonizer told us this at the end of a music session, possibly the 2nd day of my training at Gratowski...I'm still worn from it, in a haze of emotional awareness and physical perserverance..I see myself...I see myself hiding...I have created many walls, many ridges, many crevasses and catacombs..I faced them each time I fell to the ground to do a diagonal shoulder roll or shoulder stand on the wooden studio floor. A massive fire place stood at the end of the room..continuously pumped full with logs...full standing thick forest relics burned as we sang African harmonies..."Lumbe lumbe lumbe" "Lumbe..Akaykengangwa...." and Andalucian lullabies "Si mi nino se dormiera.."
But the singing and harmonizing was not in the Koombayah sense of harmonizing..it was a daily ritual to clear the space to prepare for the acrobatics we'd attempt...to spark connection and love and focus in the group...trust....i felt a lot of lack of trust...i know that is a reflection in me..getting down to the truth....everytime i get down to it...it becomes less clear. more later...still humming with processing and intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment